Responsible for taking and delivering food and beverage orders to the guests, setting tables and trays.
* Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
* Writes order on check or memorizes it.
* Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
* Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
* Serves patrons from chafing dish at table.
* Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
* Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
* Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
* Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
* Provides exceptional customer service
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
* Must be able to speaks, write and understand English well
* Fluency in Italian a plus
* Good knowledge of Italian food and wine preferred
* Must be friendly, co-operative, and pleasant
* Must be able to learn point of sales system
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
Accountable to: Chef / Manager Frankies
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.