Responsible for seating customers, organizing server sections, and tendering point of sale transactions
* Greets guests, distributes menus, and advises guests of specials
* Operates POS systems to itemize and total guests checks, and accepts and processes payments. Makes change, cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers
* Correctly enters all pertinent information for each order including special items, cooking meat instructions, no seasoning etc.
* Assists in identifying casino comps, hotel and VIP guests for seating; communicates with comp authorizer (signer) regarding any comp charges
* Maintains accuracy of bank and completes cash transactions according to established procedures
* Prepares and maintains tip payout slips
* Prints reports and/or completes paperwork at the end of shift
* Provides exceptional customer service
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
* Prior restaurant experience (greeter/ cashier) preferred
* Must be able to understand and learn POS procedures and handle cash
* Must be able to handle pressure during peak business periods
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
Accountable to: Manager Race & Sports Book
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal function of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.