Guards casino property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry, and safeguards all employees, guests and assets.
* Patrols assigned areas and maintains surveillance of the premises to ensure the safety of patrons and employees.
* Patrols casino floor to determine and guard against criminal offenses, pickpockets, nuisances, suspicious persons, etc.
* Quickly responds to any emergency situation as required, and gives aid as necessary.
* Physically lifts and removes patrons in difficult situations and administers C.P.R. if necessary.
* Ensures that no unauthorized persons enter the gaming floor during the downtime hours by checking credentials.
* Escorts and oversees the transferring of monies from the slot machines and table games to the count rooms.
* Utilizes radio to receive direction from and communicate information to the security base.
* Completes and submits any reports concerning incidents that may occur as required or directed.
* Gives out information concerning facility such as directions to inquiring patrons.
* Assists in the evacuation of premises in the case of an emergency.
* Provides exceptional customer service.
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations.
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
* Prior Security experience preferred but not required.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
* Must be able to remain vigilant at all times for unusual activity requiring assistance.
* Must possess C.P.R., A.E.D, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification or the ability to obtain the same within probationary period required. Certification must be maintained prior to expiration.
* Must be able to visually and audibly determine undesirable persons and crisis situations.
* Must be able to learn specific job duties and complete detailed work assignments, and to maintain knowledge of basic concepts and techniques.
* Must be able to perform job tasks and remain vigilant in the event of an emergency.
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the DE Lottery
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
Accountable to: Supervisor Security
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.