To provide every guest with friendly, courteous and timely service.
* Reports to work on time, as scheduled, properly uniformed with nametag, with a positive and cooperative attitude, ready to serve our guests.
* Reports to Captain to receive pre-function service instructions about the menu, station assignments, side duties and uniform inspection.
* Becomes familiar with each menu in order to answer guest questions.
* Completes side duties, set tables, and places glasses, silverware, condiment holders, centerpieces and napkins.
* Checks station to be sure it is completely set up and has clean chairs and carpet.
* Receives and greets guests. Seats guests by pulling the chairs away from the table, fills glasses with water, answers questions about the food and menu, and makes suggestions about various wines (if appropriate).
* As instructed, picks up respective food courses from issue station and serves to guests.
* Replenishes beverages as needed.
* Removes soiled dishes and stacks them in center of tray for proper balance, glasses and cutlery stacked on the outside edge of tray.
* Clears table of all dishes, including salt and pepper.
* Serves dessert and coffee, tea, etc.
* At the end of any function, clears table of any remaining items.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent experience required
* ABC card required at time of employment.
* Must maintain a professional appearance in both dress and personal hygiene with a friendly and cooperative demeanor.
* Must be organized and detail-oriented, with a sense of urgency.
* Must be able to carry service tray of at least 8 plated dinners
* Must be flexible as to work hours and shifts including availability on nights, weekends and holidays
* Must have an attentive, courteous and dependable work manner.
* Must have well-developed interpersonal skills, and a team player attitude.
* Must be able to remember basic procedures and policies.
Accountable to: Supervisor-Banquet Captain
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent to the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.