Assist the Restaurant Manager and/or Beverage Manager in overseeing the complete operation of restaurants and/or bars.
Duties include guest relations, staff supervision and scheduling, restaurant cleanliness, financial cost control, opening and closing procedures.
* Open and close shift in accordance with proper procedures.
* Initiate aggressive guest interactions; seek out and solicit feedback from guests.
* Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift.
* Handle daily employee relations (e.g., scheduling, time adjustments).
* Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of department staff, including completion and timely submission of annual employee evaluations.
* Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
* Gather and implement all proper tools for running shift, (e.g., schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
* Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings or any other daily problems that may arise.
* During shift, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, and communication with kitchen and by striving to speak to all guests.
* Be on the floor during entire meal period and ensure adequate coverage.
* Prepare daily server evaluations and maintain appearance standards of the restaurant
* Observe workplace hygiene, occupational health and safety, and security procedures
* Complete timely evaluations for subordinates
* Conduct formal and informal training for subordinates
* Conduct formal and informal coaching and counseling with subordinates
* Reward and recognize superior performers
* Ensure that employees work safely and follow all safety rules
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
* 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
* 2 years high volume food service operation experience preferred
* Must be ABC certified at time of hire or within 30 days of hire date.
* Must possess good math skills
* Must possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills
* Must possess good customer service and leadership skills
* Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
* Must present an overall professional appearance
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as scheduled
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the DE Lottery
Accountable to: Restaurant/Beverage Manager
Accountable for: Cashier/Greeters
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.